Socialness

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Fathers Day Poem from Zachary (Age 6) Flashback

I wrote this almost 3 years ago. I'm posting it again for two reasons. The first is that the place I posted it MAY close their doors to the casual writing community in the future and I don't want to lose my more precious stuff (family things). The second is that I want all of my favorites on THIS blog. So here ya go!

June 10, 2008.

School is out for the summer but before it was over my son's class wrote letters to their dads for father's day. Zachary is 6 years old and just finished first grade. He has terrible handwriting (so do I).
I read this and started crying because this is just so sweet! And hearing it straight from him makes it mean so much. It also tells us what he doesn't say. Things that he wishes his dad would do more of with him. Jason wanted to wait until father's day to read it so he hasn't seen it yet.

I'll write it too- it's difficult to read:


My dad is the best dad in the world.
I love my dad because he wrestles with me.
I love my dad because he does stuff with us.
I love my dad because he comes to places to eat with us.
I love my dad because sometimes he says yes when my mom says no.
My dad is fun.
Love Zachary

No comments:

Post a Comment